Recipe adapted from Passionate about Baking
These brownies are healthy !!
Dark Chocolate – Check
Whole Wheat – Check
Brown Sugar – Check
This is one definitely for all those who count the calories before they bite into sinful brownies.
- Unsalted butter – 65 gm
- Olive oil – 35 gm
- Wholewheat flour (atta) – 75 gm
- Dark chocolate – 100 gm
- Brown sugar – 100 gm
- Eggs – 3
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Chocolate chips/chopped nuts – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Grease a baking mould and keep aside
- Heat the butter, oil and chocolate in the microwave, stirring it after every 20 seconds till the chocolate has melted
- Add the sugar and whisk
- Add the eggs and whisk again, followed by the vanilla essence, then baking powder and salt.
- Now whisk in the wholewheat flour, and fold in the dark chocolate chips/ nuts if using.
- Turn batter into prepared tin and bake for 18-20 minutes
- Let it cool before cutting the brownies
Enjoy !! 🙂