This is a recipe for all the green tea lovers. I personally don’t enjoying green tea, but this was made for my health freak sister-in-law. She loves cakes without flour, butter, sugar, oil and chocolate. 🙂
It’s a very quick and easy recipe; mix everything in one bowl; beat it well and your batter is ready. Another 20 minutes or so in the oven and they Are done. Eat them freshly out of the oven-hot.
Try them and do mail me your pictures; would love to share them on my blog !
• Green tea bags – 4
• Boiling water – 1/2 cup
• Butter (softened) – 125gm
• Brown sugar – 2/3 cup
• Eggs – 2
• Flour – 1 1/2 cups
• Baking powder – 1 tsp
• Salt – pinch
• Milk – 1/4 cup
• Preheat oven to 180°C
• Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
• Place 2 tea bags in a heatproof jug. Add boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes. Remove and discard bags.
• Remove leaves from remaining tea bags.
• Combine tea, tea leaves, butter, sugar, eggs, flour, salt, baking powder and milk in a bowl and beat for about three minutes or till pale white
• Use an ice cream scoop to fill the liners
• Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean
Dust some icing sugar and have them hot 🙂