This is one of the easiest cakes to make and is gooey and chocolatey.
• All purpose flour – 1 1/2 cups
• Cocoa – 3 tbsp
• Baking soda – 1 tsp
• Brown sugar – 1 cup
• Salt – 1/2 tsp
• Olive oil – 5 tbsp
• Vinegar – 1 tbsp
• Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
• Cold water – 1 cup
- Softened butter – 3/4 cup
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Coffee powder – 1 tsp
- Maple syrup – 4 tbsp
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Sift flour into mixing bowl, add cocoa, baking soda, sugar and salt and mix well.
• Make three deep holes in the dry mixture. Into one pour the oil, into the next, pour the vinegar into the next, then pour the vanilla. Pour the water into the bowl.
• Mix all the ingredients together until there aren’t any lumps and the batter is smooth.
• Pour in greased pan.
• Bake at 180C for about 30 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Dissolve coffee powder in one tablespoon hot water and add to the mixture
- Add maple syrup and beat till evenly mixed
- Use an icing bag to decorate muffins, cupcakes and even cookies
Add any frosting you like or eat as it is. I must have made this cake 5 times in the last two weeks. And it always turned out soft, gooey and yummy !!!!