Last evening I wanted to have fries, but obviously I can not afford to eat fried food. So decided to make Baked Italian Fries with less oil and butter. This is a dish that can be easily made at anytime, because you don’t have to worry about checking if you have all the ingredients, these are basic ingredients that you always have at home. They turned out pretty good 🙂 😛 I dipped my fries into chilly sauce, but if you guys can indulge a bit then dip it in mayonnaise. That’s just going to be yum!
Soaking time: 1 hour
Preparation time – 5 mins
Baking time: 50 mins
- Potatoes – 6 no.
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps
- Italian herbs – 1 tbsp
- Salted butter- 5 cubes
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – to taste
- Red chilly – to taste
- Tabasco – 1 tbsp
- Peel and slice the potatoes into strips, soak in cold water with salt for an hour
- Preheat the oven to 200c degrees, grease a tin with olive oil and keep aside
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. Spread out the potatoes and add the italian herbs to it. Overlapping is fine.
- Drizzle the olive oil and tabasco. Mix well. Scatter the cubed butter around the pans.
- Bake until the potatoes are golden brown, rotating the pans after 30 minutes, for 45 to 50 minutes total. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.