- Cake flour – 1 1/4 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 tsp
- Olive oil – 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Red food coloring – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Vinegar – 1/2 tsp
Foe Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Hung Curd – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter – 4 tbsp
- Vanilla extract – 1/2 tspk
- Sift together the cake flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder into a bowl. Set aside
- In another bowl, mix together the olive oil, buttermilk, egg, red food coloring, vanilla extract and vinegar with a beater
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients on low speed until almost combined
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour.
For the cream cheese frosting:
- Sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Set it aside.
- Whisk together the butter for a couple of minutes until fluffy then add the cream cheese and mix well
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix
- On low speed, add in the powdered sugar
- Then increase the speed to medium high and mix for 2 minutes until the frosting is smooth.
- Invert the cake and take it out of the pan. Slice it from the center and spread the frosting. Now do the same on the top of the cake and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Buttermilk: In a cup of milk add 1 tsp vinegar or lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes.
Cake Flour: For one cup of cake flour, in a cup add 2 tbsps of cornstarch and fill with all purpose flour.