- Butter – 1 tablespoon
- Cinnamon Raisin Bread – 8 slices
- Milk – 2 cups
- Semisweet/Dark Chocolate – 80 gms
- Eggs – 2
- Brown Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Icing Sugar – for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Lightly butter baking dish; set aside.
- Toast bread in the oven or toaster until lightly crisped.
- In a medium saucepan, combine milk, chocolate, and butter; place over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate has melted, about 5 minutes.
- Tear bread into large pieces; scatter evenly in prepared baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla. Whisk in warm milk mixture until combined. Pour over bread.
- Bake until pudding has puffed and is firm, about 25 minutes. Cool at least 10 minutes, and dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.